CMTE Inc./CMTE USA Inc. is looking to fill the following position(s):
Civil Engineering Technologist / Laboratory Technician
Date Posted: March 6, 2022.
The Civil Engineering Technologist / Laboratory Technician will perform the following tasks but not limited to:
- Perform mechanical, physical and durability tests on Fibre-Reinforced Polymer bars.
- Perform tests on different construction materials.
- Prepare test setup for different R&D projects.
- Operate testing equipment.
- Prepare samples for testing in accordance with different Canadian and American standards.
- Record and analyze test data.
- Prepare test reports.
- Assist technical staff in preparing test samples and concrete mix.
- Overview ISO requirement for testing laboratories.
- Inspection when needed.
- Civil Engineering Technologist Degree/Bachelor’s of Civil Engineering.
- Good knowledge and working experience with Autocad.
- Familiar with testing equipment and material testing.
- Asphalt, concrete and aggregate certifications from CCIL are an asset.
- Any other skills such as electrical/carpentry will be an asset.
The position is a contract for the next 6 months with potential for full-time employment.